New Jersey and New York Medical Malpractice Attorneys
At the law office of Lum, Drasco & Positan LLC, we represent individuals who have suffered serious, permanent injuries while under the care of a physician, healthcare professional or hospital. Through our meticulous preparation, vigorous negotiation, and experienced trial techniques, we have recovered significant compensation for injured individuals and their families.
If you believe you have a medical malpractice claim, contact our medical malpractice lawyers to discuss your case.
Medical Negligence - Medical Malpractice
Medical negligence can occur when a physician fails to obtain the informed consent of a patient before performing a procedure, misdiagnoses a medical condition, fails to perform a procedure properly, or deviates from accepted standards of care in a general or particularized practice of medicine.
We hold doctors and other health professionals accountable for medical malpractice that leads to injury or wrongful death. Medical malpractice may involve:
- Cancer misdiagnosis: failure to timely diagnose cancer resulting in an untreatable condition that may have been treatable if detected and diagnosed sooner
- Birth injuries: failure to recognize fetal distress and perform a c-section, failure to recognize difficult fetal presentations, and negligent usage of delivery equipment, such as forceps that results in permanent injury to the infant or mother
- Surgical errors: anesthesia overdose accidents, contaminated blood transfusions, plastic surgery mistakes, Lasik complications, and other surgical mistakes
- Medication errors: nursing negligence, doctor negligence, and pharmacy negligence that leads to improper dosage, improper medication, or other medication errors
- Equipment malfunctions and mis-readings: Radiology report mistakes, testing equipment malfunctions, and other negligence
- Nursing home abuse: neglect or abuse that leads to accidental burns, bed sores, medication errors, broken bones, and sexual misconduct