A Tradition of Excellence Since 1870
Scott E. Reiser has been re-appointed as Vice-Chair of the Equity Jurisprudence Committee of the New Jersey State Bar Association for 2023-24. He has been a longtime member of the Committee and looks forward to serving as Vice-Chair.
Steven Eisenstein has been elected to a two year term as a member of the Board of Trustees of the New Jersey State Bar Association. He will be sworn in at the New Jersey State Bar Association Annual Meeting in May. He will also begin another year as Chair of the Business Law Section of the State Bar at that meeting.
Twelve of our Firm’s attorneys have been named to The Best Lawyers in America© 2023 and One Attorney Named “Lawyer of the Year”
Lum, Drasco & Positan LLC – 2023 “Lawyer of the Year” Recipient
- Bernadette Hamilton Condon – Litigation – Construction
Lum, Drasco & Positan LLC – The Best Lawyers in America® 2023
Jack P. Baron (2021), who was named in the field of Corporate Law, is a member of the firm, concentrating his practice in commercial transactions, including acquisitions, sales and reorganizations of businesses; commercial real estate matters, and asset based financing. In addition to counseling clients in business matters, Jack has an in depth knowledge of estate and trust law, and assists his clients in estate and succession planning.
Richard C. Camp (2019), who was named in the fields of Family Law Arbitration, Family Law Mediation, Mediation, is a retired Superior Court judge. He handles both family and civil cases and serves as a Discovery Master in complex matters.
Bernadette Hamilton Condon (2015), who was named “Lawyer of the Year” in the field of Litigation – Construction and further named as a Best Lawyer in the fields of Construction Law, Litigation – Construction, is a member of the firm’s litigation department. She concentrates her practice in commercial and business litigation. Bernadette handles a wide variety of contract, construction and shareholder disputes. She also has extensive experience representing condominium and homeowners’ associations in transition litigation and general governance matters.
Dennis J. Drasco (2001), was named in the fields of Appellate Practice, Arbitration, Commercial Litigation, Construction Law, Litigation – Construction, Litigation – Insurance, Litigation – Real Estate, Litigation – Trusts and Estates.
Cynthia A. Matheke (2003), who was named in the fields of Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, is concentrating on both office and hospital based cases of negligence and malpractice, including ancillary departments of pathology, nursing, pharmacy, and radiological imaging. She has expanded her practice to include cases of nursing home neglect.
Elizabeth Moon (2016), who was named in the field of Employment Law – Management, represents employers and individuals in litigation against claims of discrimination, retaliation, harassment, breach of contract, defamation, and other employment-related claims in cases alleging violations of federal laws including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act as well as violations of state laws including the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination, the New Jersey Conscientious Employee Protection Act, and the New Jersey Family Leave Act. Ms. Moon also defends governmental entities and their employees against claims arising under the New Jersey Tort Claims Act, the New Jersey Civil Rights Act, and 42 U.S.C. § 1983.
Kevin J. O’Connor (2015), who was named in the field of Commercial Litigation, concentrates his practice in the area of civil litigation with a focus on commercial litigation, insurance law, eminent domain, land use law, and life, health and disability insurance law.
Wayne J. Positan (1993), was named in the fields of Appellate Practice, Arbitration, Commercial Litigation, Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, Litigation – Labor and Employment. Wayne Positan has over forty years of experience representing management and defendants in labor and employment matters, including discrimination, whistleblower, and non-compete litigation, as well as traditional labor practice in the private and public sectors.
Scott E. Reiser (2015), who was named in the field of Commercial Litigation, litigates a broad array of commercial disputes, business ownership matters, various commercial cases, and estate and trust matters.
Paul A. Sandars III (2005), who was named in the fields of Commercial Litigation, Construction Law, Litigation – Construction, is a member of the firm. He concentrates his practice in complex commercial litigation as well as construction law and litigation. He is a frequent lecturer on construction law issues, and has been certified as an American Arbitration Association Construction Arbitrator.
Daniel M. Santarsiero (2016), who was named in the fields of Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management, represents management and individuals in defense litigation and counseling in connection with various labor and employment matters including discrimination claims, harassment claims, whistleblower, public policy claims as well as wage and hour claims and collective bargaining. Daniel also provides counseling in connection with various employment disputes including employee grievances other workplace issue in both the private and public sector.
Gina M. Sorge (2019), who was named in the field of Family Law, has been certified as a Matrimonial Law Attorney by the New Jersey Supreme Court since 2013. She presently serves as a Bergen, Essex and Morris County Family Court appointed Early Settlement Panelist.
About Best Lawyers®
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence. Best Lawyers lists are compiled based on an exhaustive peer-review evaluation. Almost 108,000 industry leading lawyers are eligible to vote (from around the world), and we have received over 13 million evaluations on the legal abilities of other lawyers based on their specific practice areas around the world. For the 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©, 9.4 million votes were analyzed, which resulted in more than 67,000 leading lawyers being included in the new edition. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor.
- On April 22, 2022, Lum, Drasco & Positan members Gina M. Sorge and Dennis J. Drasco, secured a $9,425,000.00 settlement for the Estate of a Sussex County man who was electrocuted in Andover Township on March 2, 2018. The case settled on the eve of trial, before the Honorable Robert J. Brennan, J.S.C., following a four-year litigation.
- Dennis J. Drasco served as a panelist at the Trial Advocacy Seminar sponsored by the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education in conjunction with the American College of Trial Lawyers. Dennis, who is a Fellow of the College, participated in a segment addressing the direct and cross examination of expert witnesses. The Seminar took place on July 14 -15, 2022.
- Kevin F. Murphy served as a speaker during the National Business Institute’s “Estate Planning in New Jersey: From A to Z” program held virtually on June 29, 2022. Kevin presented on the topic “Essential Tax Tactics”.
- Steven Eisenstein was inducted as Chair of the Business Law Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association at the Annual Meeting of the Bar in May of 2022. He continues to serve on the Board of Directors of the Section.
- Wayne J. Positan was reappointed to the Medal of Honor Committee of the New Jersey State Bar Foundation by NJSBF President Kathleen Fennelly, Esq.
- Paul A. Sandars, III presented a program at the Construction SuperConference on December 7, 2021. The title of the Program was “The More the Merrier: Trials and Tribulations of Presenting and Defending Construction Claims”. His presentation focused on Condominium Association Transition Litigation.
- Dennis J. Drasco participated in a program of the American College of Trial Lawyers at Rutgers Law School on September 29, 2021 entitled “Professionalism in Trial Practice” with 2 other New Jersey Fellows and New Jersey United States District Court Judge Zarid Quraishi, in an effort to educate law students on Civility and Professionalism in trial practice.
- Steven Eisenstein chaired a panel in the 1st Annual New Jersey Data Privacy Summit on November 16. The panel was on data privacy legislation. The following is a link to register for the program: NJSBA Inaugural Data Privacy Summit Nov 16 Info & Registration.
- The Firm is pleased to announce the following attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2022 listing of New Jersey Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters which is published in New Jersey Monthly Magazine
Dennis J. Drasco for Business Litigation (Top 100 Lawyers)
Kevin F. Murphy for Estate Planning and Probate (10th year on list)
Kevin J. O’Connor for Business Litigation
Wayne J. Positan for Employment and Labor (Top 100 Lawyers)
Paul A. Sandars, III for Construction Litigation
Daniel M. Santarsiero for Employment and Labor
These selections were based on a statewide survey, an evaluation process and a peer review by a blue ribbon panel of attorneys. The methodology for selection can be found at http://www.superlawyers.com/