New Jersey and New York Shareholder & Partnership Disputes
The outcome of a shareholder dispute can have a significant impact on your business, your financial security and your rights. Whether you are a majority or a minority shareholder in need of knowledgeable legal counsel, you can rely on Lum, Drasco & Positan.
Since 1870, our firm has been relied upon by clients for sound advice and vigorous representation. We represent clients in a wide range of shareholder disputes, including:
- Oppressed minority shareholders
- Failure to pay dividends
- Wrongful sale of shares by shareholders (e.g. failure to adhere to existing shareholders’ right of first refusal)
- Wrongful acquisition of shares
- Wrongful failure to buy out existing shareholders
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing
- Valuation of Interests of Shareholders
Proactive Problem Solvers And Skilled Trial Lawyers
Our shareholder disputes attorneys are mindful of the costs and risks of protracted litigation. We are creative and proactive problem solvers who place an emphasis on efficiency and cost-effectiveness. We understand that many legal disputes can be resolved through negotiation, mediation and other alternative dispute resolution measures. When taking a case to trial is necessary, however, we have skilled and experienced litigators who are prepared to vigorously defend your rights and interests.