Business, Banking, Estate, Trust, And Tax Law
New Jersey and New York Business, Banking, Estate, Trust, and Tax Lawyers
Our commercial business group has demonstrated expertise in the areas of finance, taxation, mergers and acquisitions, banking, administration, real property, zoning, international transactions, loan workouts, creditor’s rights, charter schools, estate planning and business succession. Additionally, we have worked in a variety of cases that relied upon our multi-discipline expertise including:
- Acting as counsel to a sponsoring trade organization.
- Workout activities involving loan and business restructurings.
- Lease, purchase, and sale of business and major industrial properties.
- Advising and implementing corporate divisions in both amicable and contested “commercial divorces.”
- Assisting corporations in international transactions.
- Devising hybrid consignment procedures to protect clients in certain circumstances against the prior lien holders of their customers.
The Lum Firm’s commercial business group has years of experience in providing a broad range of services to financial institutions, including:
- Structuring and closing commercial loans, both real and non-real estate based.
- Litigation to collect all types of loans.
- Residential and commercial mortgage foreclosures.
- Defense of direct actions and counterclaims against financial institutions.
- General advice on both state and federal statutes and regulations.
Estates and Trusts
Our firm has focused capabilities in trusts and estates, providing clients with a broad spectrum of services in the areas of income and gift tax minimization strategies, generation-skipping transfers, and estate tax planning and administration.
Our estate planning services include designing, drafting, and implementing sophisticated estate plans that require complex wills, living wills, durable powers of attorney, private annuity arrangements, private foundation documents, and various inter vivo trust agreements. Our estate planning attorneys have the experience to handle any estate planning need, including providing for the orderly transfer and reorganization of closely held business interests. Our expertise also includes income and estate planning for special family situations involving infants, disabled individuals, and the elderly.
Attorneys in The Lum Firm have appeared before the Internal Revenue Service and the various federal and state courts involved in the determination of tax liability.
The Lum Firm’s commercial business group has broad knowledge in tax law that is a great benefit to businesses seeking experienced representation on tax related issues. Our firm focuses on tax issues related to:
- Tax and business planning.
- Negotiating and structuring of the purchase and sale of ongoing enterprises.
- Formation of general and limited partnerships.
- Negotiating and drafting stockholder agreements, as well as redemption and cross-purchase agreements.
- Implementation of transactions for individuals, corporations, and pass through entities such as, “S” Corporations, partnerships, LLCs, LLPs, and grantor trusts.
Contact Lum, Drasco & Positan
Lum, Drasco & Positan LLC
103 Eisenhower Parkway
Roseland, NJ 07068
Our law office is located in Roseland, New Jersey.
To speak with an attorney at our firm about your legal needs, call 973-403-9000.